Friday, July 3, 2009

Trips I Don't Get to Take

Everyday after making the money that keeps my belly full and my toy basket overflowing, Mama rushes home and changes clothes, most particularly her shoes, and then she's off again. Even though I follow her to the door and sit real pretty 'neath the hook with my leash on it, Mama does not seem inclined to take me with her. She says I sure would not want to go where she is going 'cause there are puppy doctors aplenty there and not one of them is Dr. P, who I like. Mama says they might want to poke me with needles and stick temperature takers in my tuchus, just 'cause that's what they know how to do.

Of course, I'm no dummy. Mama is going to visit Jazz, who seems like a faraway memory to me now. If it weren't for pictures I'd almost forget what she looked like. Anyways, Mama says yesterday she had a long chat with Dr. N. at the hospital (Dr. N is the BIG BOSS!) and she said they sure hoped that it was "hump day". I don't know what that means 'cause yesterday was Thursday and everyone knows that Wednesday is Hump Day and why would anyone want a Thursday to be a Wednesday when everyone knows Thursday is closer to the best day of the week which is Saturday?

Anyways, I'm guessing from Mama's sad face that Jazz is not getting well like they hoped. Mama was particularly sad 'cause the Dr. N said that the are testing Jazz for Distemper which is bad, bad, bad -- especially if she has it while the ParvoMonster is chasing her.

Mama says that the Lion is still on the job, though he's been washed a whole bunch and is looking somewhat threadbare, but he is still hanging in there.

Poor Jazz has to wear a cone on her head.

Mama says it's 'cause her (shaved) tuchus is raw and red from bad, bad diarrhea and the cone keeps her from making it all worse. That must be tough on Jazz -- I know when I have red spot I want to lick at it to make it feel better.

But the news isn't all bad. She didn't throw up or have diarrhea yesterday. But they are still waiting for her to eat. She hasn't eaten anything in a whole week. I cannot imagine being so sick that I wouldn't eat anything for a whole week!

Mama's going back this afternoon for another visit, so keep your paws crossed that Jazz got a little better overnight. And also say a little prayer that the test for Distemper comes back negative. 'Cause if the test is positive my Mama will surely cry and I don't want that.

2 comments:

  1. Sending you lots of prayers!!! Hope everything comes back ok!!!

    xoxo
    Miley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is a prayer for Jazz....get well soon!!!
    Janine & Chester

    ReplyDelete